Patrol Boats of Yesteryear
This 38 ft. patrol boat was built at the Freeport Point Shipyard in Freeport, N.Y. during 1938. This patrol boat was constructed as a United States Coast Guard stake boat. Other such patrol boats were built and delivered locally to Long Island Coast Guard units.
This 45 ft. patrol boat was built by Thego Marine at North Lawrence, N.Y. during 1965. This was the only steel constructed patrol boat acquired and placed in service by the Nassau County Police Marine Unit. This vessel remained in service until 1982.
This 31 ft. patrol boat was constructed along with 5 other such vessels at Knudsen's Marine Inc. in Huntington, N.Y. during the 1950's. These were that last wood constructed patrol boats acquired and placed in service by the Nassau County Police Marine Unit. Marine 14, the last of the Knudsen fleet, was taken out of service in early 1988.
This 32 ft. patrol boat was manufactured along with 1 other such vessel by Pacemaker Allglass Marine Inc. and delivered during 1968. These vessels were later assigned to the North Shore as primary patrol boats. The last Allglass was taken out of service in 1990.
More Pictures Of Patrolboats of Yesteryear